Monday, April 7, 2014

Mom's Spring Gardens

I believe this to be very true, especially for me.
                                     "Memories of Mom's Spring Garden Reaching toward the Sun"
As usual, I  painted these 2 pastels with Classical Music.  I used Bach and Stravinsky to inspire the calligraphy marks at the bottom.  The Rite of Spring by Stravinsky worked perfectly to portray the strength of the tulips forcing their way through the cold soil.
My mother planted many of bulbs every fall.  Hyacinth , tulips of all colors and sizes standing tall to be admired.  Mother never cut these for the house but left them in the garden to be admired by all.
"Oh, The Awesomeness of Yellow Daffodils"

I wanted to paint Spring Abstract Expressionist Paintings in memory of my mother's beautiful gardens coming alive in the early spring.  Through the last bit of snow the deep violet crocus push their way out of partially frozen ground to await the arrival of the glorious yellow daffodils growing and opening almost overnight to look up to the warming Sun.  Bach's concertos worked beautifully to show the strength of the tiny crocus force as they forced their way up to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment